Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A Friend ties the knot

A good friend of mine who I have known ugh probably since 1992 finally got married to her long time Partner of ten years. The day dawned Saturday the 24th September 2005 beautiful, sunny and windless, which if you know P.E. is a godsend this time of year. The Bride was a fashionable/unfashionable 20 mins late Ha ha. She looked stunning and her dress was beautiful. A beautful shimmering Green. Their children 7 and 5 walked their mom (the bride) into the ceremony and led her to the podium where the Minister and her Partner where waiting. I of course being the emotional animal that I am balled my eyes out when she walked in, when they were pronounced man and wife and when her new Hubby said his speech.
I was just so happy for them both. The ceremony was beautiful, the company was excellent, the decor fantastic and the food scrumptious. All in all it was a wonderful day. Congrats Gilly I hope you both have a very long and happy marraige. Below are some pics, unfortunately we didnt get very many good ones, due to lighting.

Children walking her into the ceromony.

Gill and I.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Beautiful! That cake looks yummo. Do you guys have the bottom layer be false or cardboard or fruitcake or something or other? One of my SIL's dad is British & she had that at her wedding. You & your friend are both breutiful - love the red in your hair, too. Just head shots??????

Motherhen said...

What a pretty wedding! I hope that Gill and her partner live happily ever after. Beth is right, that's a beautiful cake. It looks like a perfect day with friends.