So we went for our 20 wk ultrasound at 21wks1day. Its so weird how even though you know everything is fine and you feel the kicking etc. As soon as that appointment looms you begin to panic that something isnt quite right. I have chatted to a few Moms and they all agree with me, you tend to live from one appointment to the next.
Anyway this was the big ultrasound at the wellness clinic not at my Doctor so we didnt really know what to expect. It was awesome, I had my own LCD screen over the bed so I didnt have to crick my neck. The Doctor, yes a doctor, not a Tech. had her own. I have never seen an ultrasound this clear and remember this was only a normal 2D one not a 3D one either. At one point we even got to see the halo of her Iris. Apparently it reflects back the ultrasound waves right through the fused eyelids. Awesome. She was sleeping at first and when we took her heartrate it was a nice 135bpm which is just fine. She was lying faceing the wand so couldnt get a good profile, so we had to nudge her awake. As you can see by the pics we got some really good profile shots. She lifted her hand, drank fluid, sucked her thumb. Really quite amazing. We saw all the four chambers of the heart and the directional blood flow. Her bladder was full as well. It was great to see her kick on the screen and feel it at the same time, quite freaky. We got a good pic of her mouth and lips no problems there. All the spine was great and intact. She has a nice little upturned button nose which you can just make out on the pic. The pics are great but really dont do the real thing justice. All her major bones, Femur, Tibia, Humorous and skull are measureing spot on to my dates and according to the measurements they estimate her weight to be 448g which is almost 1Lb and her length to be approx 21cm. So she isnt small. I still look small because once again she is lying breech, horizontal breech. I just hope she gets with the program later and turns round to the right position. Anyway the whole thing took round 30 minutes and it was really great to see. One thing I did like as I mentioned earlier was that she was a Doctor and not a Tech and thats a good thing because, techs take notes but wont give you a diagnosis cause they arent allowed to only a Doctor can do that. She was able to tell us there and then exactly what she was looking for and the fact that it was fine. Which is a huge relief let me tell you. Anyway here are the pics.

With Her mouth open swallowing fluid.

Profile

Profile with lips slightly parted

Her Foot
3 comments:
Awww she's adorable. I'm glad that everything looked so good and you can rest at ease now.
Wow, Wow, Wow! Those are some great pics, especially for being 2d. I can see a million ultrasound pictures and still be amazed... It's truly touching to see a little one in the womb like that. Don't you just think it's amazing? LOL
I'm so happy for you...a healthy baby girl!! I can't wait to find out her name and see her in the arms of her big brothers.
Wowee, too awesome!! How exciting!!! Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! :)
Post a Comment