Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Stuff

So its a slow day here in Africa. Its raining and for a change the weather is acting like it really is winter. I am telling you thats why we get sick all the time. I mean today its cold 14deg C and raining. They are predicting snow on the mountains close by so it means real temps of more like 7deg tomorrow. Now just on Saturday gone the 29th of July the mercury rose to 28deg C yes you read it right. How is it possible to have such extremes you ask. Dunno, you are asking the wrong person. But thats why we get sick, germs really thrive in this kind of climate.
So Adam and Hannah both have a cold. Ugh so frustrating.
Really busy at the moment. With the other half working away, its me, myself and I and I do my best not to have pity parties too regularly. Seriously we are actually coping okay. They boys have been really good which I knew they would be. So I am just waffling but anyway. We are all really excited about our little trip, I really am looking forward to seeing my Nanna again. Anyway I was looking through Hannahs cupboard cause she is starting to move into next clothes size and to start off with she has more than enough. Its sad though having to put her small stuff away. Sniff Sniff.
Luke is into: Lets tell Mom something but include the tiniest detail so that it takes HOURS to tell her. Adam still copies everything Luke does, naturally. Wait that means Hannah will probably copy both of them. That should be fun. M should be home around 9th of August through to the 14th I have a hair appointment on the 12th and let me tell you how much I am looking forward to those two hours of peace and quiet. I cannot wait.
Anyway enough for today.

3 comments:

Help_Vinny said...

That is a huge extreme in temperature. I bet that's also horrible for those with allergies and asthma.

I still find some old baby things now and then of jake's or the kids and it makes me sniff. I don't think I could do more kiddos, but there's always part of you that wonders..just one more? :o)

You all do so great when the guys are away, I have kids that just can be so misbehaved in behavior towards each other or just not listening that I have a hard time with him being gone. I can't wait for you to go on your trip too. It's going to see like FOREVER before it comes and like it flew by when it's there. :o(

We need more pictures girl. Come on now. Get a flickr acct or something and just upload away. I love seeing your kiddos.

Melissa

Motherhen said...

I hope you enjoyed your hair appointment! LOL I love the pictures of the kids. I get sad putting stuff away too.

Anonymous said...

I hope you got to have a break! I was just packing up both kid's stuff for charity and it was heart-wrenching to let go of some of it. Hugs to you and the kids!