I realised sometime over this weekend, that I am doing myself an injustice by not blogging anymore. I find it to be extremely therapeutic and it helps me categorise things that are happening in my life. This helps me see them in a totally different light and i expect is similar to a journal really. I am still not too sure how I feel about this sort of thing being in the public domain. Will have to see how I go along.
Our family has been through a bit of a trial in terms of health and finance in the last few years and we are now only starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. First hubby with his open heart surgery, his long recovery and his subsequently not having employment for 5 months. A very dear friend took us under his wing as he has done with many others and helped get him gainful employement which helped keep the wolf from the door.
Since then that friend has passed on and his loss is sorely felt. However my hubby has since proved himself at the company and they have increased his salary to a level of which we can now breathe slightly easier. My heartfelt thanks to our friend for his help and I only wish he was still here so that I can thank him properly and in person. I do hope he is listening when I say my prayers.
So I am feeling very very thankful and grateful today for all that we have and all of our friends. I know that we will be fine and we will carry on. I am thankful for mine and my husbands health, my childrens health, the fact they all do so well at school and that they love going to it in the morning. The fact that we both have good employment and that my Mom is coming out for a holiday at Christmas. I am thankful for the time I get to spend with my children and that they still enjoy spending time with us too. I am thankful that we have a home and food to eat. I am thankful that I get to spend some of my spare time reading or knitting and doing embroidery.
I am also going to acknowledge the work i have done in those creative arena's and show it off, like the cross stitch picture that took me almost ten years to complete and yet I still haven't framed. That is going to be corrected and I am going to show it off proudly. Many hours of labour went into that and it shouldn't be kept in a dark cupboard.
I am thankful and I am happy.
Our family has been through a bit of a trial in terms of health and finance in the last few years and we are now only starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. First hubby with his open heart surgery, his long recovery and his subsequently not having employment for 5 months. A very dear friend took us under his wing as he has done with many others and helped get him gainful employement which helped keep the wolf from the door.
Since then that friend has passed on and his loss is sorely felt. However my hubby has since proved himself at the company and they have increased his salary to a level of which we can now breathe slightly easier. My heartfelt thanks to our friend for his help and I only wish he was still here so that I can thank him properly and in person. I do hope he is listening when I say my prayers.
So I am feeling very very thankful and grateful today for all that we have and all of our friends. I know that we will be fine and we will carry on. I am thankful for mine and my husbands health, my childrens health, the fact they all do so well at school and that they love going to it in the morning. The fact that we both have good employment and that my Mom is coming out for a holiday at Christmas. I am thankful for the time I get to spend with my children and that they still enjoy spending time with us too. I am thankful that we have a home and food to eat. I am thankful that I get to spend some of my spare time reading or knitting and doing embroidery.
I am also going to acknowledge the work i have done in those creative arena's and show it off, like the cross stitch picture that took me almost ten years to complete and yet I still haven't framed. That is going to be corrected and I am going to show it off proudly. Many hours of labour went into that and it shouldn't be kept in a dark cupboard.
I am thankful and I am happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment