Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Hmm Life

So Christmas is over for another year. My much anticipated Holiday (away from work) has come and gone and quite frankly I am not sure if I feel regenerated or not. I exchanged one work place for the other.

What I did enjoy was the looks on my childrens faces in anticipation of Christmas the joy as they opened their gifts and the pleasure they showed in playing with them. I vowed to spend more time with them and that I did. Unfortunately the weather didn't really play along this year and the first three weeks flew by in miserable but welcome (we are in the middle of a very bad drought)weather. We have dusted off the board games and card games and I have had fun playing Clue Junior, Pictionary, Snap and the like. I have made up a Hello Kitty Handbag that was bought for my daughter. She lost interest in the first five minutes. LOL.

The miserable weather, although kept us away from the promised early morning beach expeditions, got me doing my cross stitch with gusto. I am however still not finished the Christmas themed one. I will just pull it out again next year.

What I have done is pulled out a crochet hook LOL. A friend of mine in Canada has been gripped by the joys of knitting and Crocheting and is churning out things at a rapid rate of knots (pardon the pun). I am determined to get the hang of it and will post a pic when I do.

2011 has begun and I am still unsure of how I feel about the New Year as such.
I try not to make resolutions that I cannot and will not keep. So my main aim in life is this: Spend more quality time with my children. Not take on work that I shouldn't. Spend more quality time with my husband. Not to fret the small stuff (I am a worry wort) and get my vision board up. The years just seem to be passing me by and I am not sure that I am getting everything I should be out of them. So that is really the aim. QUALITY of LIFE for ME. Make everything count. I hope you do too.

1 comment:

Sue G said...

Great to see you are blogging again - welcome back!Quality of Life - Make everything aount - I like that! May pinch it for my FB status LOL!